2CurlyGirlz

"Sing out loud in the car, even, or especially, it embarrasses your children."

Monday, May 18, 2009

No Vegies

Those famous words are the first ones Schane' said when we were almost home after getting her two teeth pulled. Let me correct that, those are the first words she mumbled & we actually understood her after getting her teeth pulled.

We were supposed to have her teeth pulled last week but as luck would have it she had a temp of 101 when her dad came to pick her up. It was just a fluke that it happened at all. She never got sick & she didn't feel sick, she was just hot to touch. I gave her some medicine & her temp went slowly down. She even asked if she had to go to school the next day. I of course said yes and then told her to not tell her teacher that she had a temp because they would make her come back home.

Schane' had it a little rough, she was very nervous & didn't want to calm down. She kept crying & getting her nose all stuffy & then couldn't breathe in the laughing gas. With a lot of coaxing & telling her to buck up she finally got it over with.

We came home & she fell asleep on my bed for about 2 hrs. I kept asking her dad if I should wake her up & he told me no. She worked herself up so badly that she needed the rest. She finally ate a little pudding & is watching some tv now.

My child makes a lot out of nothing. I know in some ways she's still little but then there's other things that I think she should be a big girl about & learn how to just take things as they are and get them over with. I know most of it is my fault & I baby her too much but when it's just the two of you what else is there to do? I'm sure I'll pay for it dearly when she turns a teenager or in my case maybe even sooner.

No comments: