2CurlyGirlz

"Sing out loud in the car, even, or especially, it embarrasses your children."

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a great day. I knew that because the weather was going to be over 100 & my daughter had been talking to her dad almost every day, planning something for me. She managed to tell two of her friends what they were planning right in front of me, so I already knew that he was coming over early to help her make me breakfast in bed.
The night before we were at a friends house. I kept saying I needed to get home but the mom & I were watching a movie & catching up while her daughter & Schane' played very well together. By the time we got done watching a movie it was 11pm & I still needed to clean the kitchen so her dad could help make b-fast. For those of you who don't know, he is a very anal man & doesn't like anything out of place. So if there is dishes in the sink & pots & pans on the counter he would be very displeased. I thought of not cleaning the kitchen but since he was doing this for Schane' I thought I had better make it easier on him. Schane's idea of mommy's day was going to Cabella's. It wouldn't have been my first choice but we went anyway. Schane' loves going because she likes to look at all the animals. We were there for awhile & we all did manage to have fun.


As were walking out of the store Schane' wanted to see the boats. She managed to find one with the ladder down so she climbed on inside. After she got done checking it out I told her to sit behind the wheel so I could get a picture. It would have been really nice to actually have one in the water at the time but since that wasn't about to happen we went on our way.



Mother's Day will always be memorable because of this picture. Schane' finally learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. It's been a long & brutal 9 yrs of fighting her to ride her bike & now I can't get her off. We started about a month ago with one training wheel & then she got a flat tire. While her dad was fixing it I told him to go ahead & take the training wheel off. I knew she was ready, even if she didn't. We had quite a few wobbly moments of course but today she is doing great & has a lot more confidence in herself.


Tim bought me a new George Foreman Grill, the one where the plates come out & can go in the dishwasher. I tend to be lazy with my other grill so I knew this would come in handy.

Schane' & I made a craft together for Mother's Day. She liked the project but was upset that it wouldn't be a surprise. Even though I told her that I don't need gifts or surprises she was still upset. I made a deal with her then. I told her that next year she & I would pick out between 3-5 crafts that she would like to make & then she can do it with her dad at his house. She really liked this idea, now if Tim will agree to it next year. He & crafts usually aren't used in the same sentence.

No comments: