2CurlyGirlz

"Sing out loud in the car, even, or especially, it embarrasses your children."

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Caroling

I asked Schane' yesterday morning if she wanted to go caroling with people from church & she said no. I then told her that one of our friends was going & he was bringing his kids so she said yes. I told her that if it was raining then we wouldn't go. When we got home from work & school she said that she didn't want to go. To bad, we're going I said. I was looking forward to getting in the spirit of the holiday season & seeing a bunch of friends from church.


The weather was great when we started out. It was actually kind of warm, a lot different from last year. We were frozen by the time we got back to the church for hot chocolate & goodies. Approximately 20 mins later it started to rain. There was no downpour but it was enough that our hats got soaked, shoes were wet, & the little ones wanted to walk in puddles. I thought it was great. It really felt like Christmas. I only wish the people in the neighborhood felt the same way.



After awhile Schane' & other kids were getting really disappointed because no one would come out of there house to hear us sing. A few actually used their brains & opened up their garage to listen to us. I just told Schane' that we need to pray for them.


After we came back to the church we socialized, got warm, & ate some great cookies. I'm really glad that we went & made the effort to sing around the neighborhood even if people were not in the mood to hear us.


Before we started out we played a bingo game. I know most of you have played this in some manner. 20 boxes & you go around and ask people questions trying to get a bingo. Anyway, one question on the paper asked who was naughty this year. I had her go over to one of our friends, Mr. Christofferson (Mark) & ask him something. She just happened to ask him this question & he got down to her level & whispered something in her ear. The pic that I got was right after he whispered something & it looked like it was a great response.


This next pic is my friend Jenny & her son Sam. She has a daughter Emily that is Schane's age but she wasn't around at the moment. Jenny helped in my Sunday School class last year & is just as bubbly as I am.


This was taken right after we got back to the church. You can't tell how wet we are but we sure were a tad bit cold. That hot chocolate tasted sooo good when we got inside.

No comments: